Our office is delighted to share the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHFSP) Call-for-proposals is now open, with an exciting pilot where organizations can apply for micro grants, up to $5,000.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program provides federal grants and contributions funding to organizations that want to help seniors (aged 55 and older) make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities. This program provides funding for:
- projects for seniors, by seniors that encourage seniors to play an important role in their communities by volunteering, participating in and leading community activities.
- organizations to make necessary modifications or repairs to their existing facilities, or to purchase/replace equipment and furnishings to enable programs and activities for seniors..
The extended deadline for applications is June 22nd, 2018.
Over the past number of years, we’ve seen continued successful applications, and would love to see that continue.
The NHSP call for proposals, open until June 22nd, 2018, is seeking proposals for projects led or inspired by seniors. Organizations are invited to apply for funding, under the following three national priorities, for projects that empower seniors to initiate and participate in activities that benefit:
- the vulnerable seniors populations,
- focus on diversity of Canada’s seniors; and
- will promote volunteerism to increase an organization’s capacity.
This year, there are TWO (2) avenues for funding:
1. Apply for funding for community-based projects (up to $25,000) under the New Horizons for Seniors Program
2. NEW! Apply for funding for community-based projects (up to $5,000) under the New Horizons for Seniors Program
This year, NHSP proposes a new way to partner with organizations that serve vulnerable seniors population. In support of the Government of Canada’s, commitment to focus on vulnerable populations, particularly, seniors, a small grant pilot project is offered and eligible organizations can receive up to $5,000 per project.
Organizations who have not been funded for community-based projects for the last five years (since the 2012-2013 NHSP Call for proposals) can apply for a small grant of a maximum of $5,000.
Three funding options have been established that will allow organizations to pursue their activities and build their capacity:
- IT equipment upgrade;
- Capital assets for current or new activities; and
- Increasing volunteerism, as well as mentoring.
Funding: New Horizons for Seniors Program – Tips
Please note: Any of these are available in print should access to or use of internet be not preferred or viable. Simply let us know and we would be happy to provide as well.
Questions or need assistance?
We’re here to help! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us toll-free at 1-844-641-5886.