By making EI caregiving and parental benefits more flexible, inclusive and accessible the members of Central Nova will now have more options to improve their work-life balance.
Make sure to check out if you can benefit from the changes which come into effect on December 3rd 2017:
- Earlier access to maternity benefits: eligible pregnant workers will now be able to receive EI maternity benefits up to 12 weeks before their due date.
- More choice for parents: Parents now able to choose whether to receive parental benefits over 12 or 18 months.
- A new family caregiver benefit for adults: individuals who are caring for a critically ill or injured adult family member will be able to receive up to 15 weeks of EI.
- A new family caregiver benefit for children: any family member, not only parents, who are caring for a critically ill child can receive up to 35 weeks of benefits
- Medical doctors of nurse practitioners will now be able to sign EI medical caregiving certificates, making it easier for people to apply for benefits
Please don’t hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or need help applying or collecting EI benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-844-641-5886.
To visit the Employment Insurance website, click HERE